Tuesday 18 September 2012

So far so good..!

Amsterdam really took me by surprise. It is such a nice city that after my first walk in the west "suburbs" I proclaimed: this is where I'm gonna live! The houses are so nice (our hosts apartment is amazing!) and the streets and canals makes a perfect disharmony of labyrinths in the city centre. And it is so calm here..

But then there is the people of Amsterdam. I haven't really approved of them yet. Some people, like those working in cafes are supernice and their english is amazing, more British than the British themselves, but then there are others.. Two bus drivers and a guy letting bikes, super-sarcastic! I really don't know how to handle sarcasm in other countries..

But so far so good! We had an amazing, and freakishly cheap, three-course vegan dinner at a squat, Joe's Garage, we rented bikes, ended (by ALL mistakes) up in the notorious red light district, and had some ijs (ice cream). And now: some shopping! Mostly for boring, need based- instead of want based-, stuff like vitamins (I've been struck by the B12-paranoia).. But first, as always when with Sanaa, middle easternish breakfast!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment